The Being in Service course continues the path of personal development that began on Turning Point but in the context of being of service to others, particularly for those who would like to be part of the Service Team on our courses.
What does it involve?
During the course we look at some of the processes from Turning Point and go through them again in order to have a deeper understanding of how to be in support of others most effectively. This is often more profound than the first time round as we are more open and able to let go. We explore Active Listening as a basic counselling skill as well as other ways to work therapeutically with others to support their release and their journey of self-awareness and empowerment.
Who is it for?
Being in Service is for anyone who has taken the Turning Point course and wants to be part of a Service Team on our courses. However, there is much to be gained from the course even for those who have no immediate plans to be on a team. The value of learning about ourselves in service is applicable in all areas of our lives as we recognise that every one of us has a unique contribution to make.
What have participants said?
- “I found it to be an incredible weekend almost beyond words. I felt a real sense of connection with everyone involved. The energy and sense of oneness that was created was the essence of being in service. . . . just being part of a team whilst feeling no separation was immense. My feelings of togetherness, trust, safety and love meant the whole weekend was magical. . . . extremely useful for not only being on a service team but also day to day life.”
- “As with Turning Point the course was incredibly well run, exciting and ultimately incredibly rewarding. It was a very special weekend for me. I loved the hands on nature of the course – the processes, the exercises (Active Listening etc) but also valued the time to share.”
- “Amazing! I’ve learnt a lot more about myself as an individual and my place as part of a whole with others. It was great to get back in touch with my power. In some ways I found Being in Service more powerful than Turning Point as I discovered things about myself in relation to the whole world rather than just me as a sole individual. It’s given me more confidence in my abilities which at work has helped me feel a more equal part of the team.
I now feel confident that I’ll be able to help create a safe space and support others in a way that isn’t detrimental to myself. I’ve discovered my leadership and organisational powers which I’m sure will be beneficial to the team.”
- “It was an extremely powerful course and so much more than just training to be in service. I feel I have a much deeper understanding of what being in service is and how much it means to me. I have got back in touch with my power again. I feel it was really good and relevant preparation and I look forward to my next service experience.”
- “Feel bowled over by the amount of stuff, learning, help and guidance I received.”
Course format and cost
The Being in Service course takes place over a single weekend.
Timings: Friday evening 7.00pm – 10.30pm. Saturday 10.00am – 6.00pm. Sunday 10.00am – 7.00pm.
Cost: £150. Book your place
For those who have completed the Being in Service course and are involved in being part of our service teams we offer ongoing training days; Group Leader Training and Administrator Training which are aimed at supporting you in honing and refining your skills and effectiveness in doing this work. These take the form of single days that are held intermittently or when there is a particular demand.